Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Week 6 PLE Post (Part 2)

I thought the other virtual tours were really cool. I thought the one about Auschwitz and Berlin was really cool. You could really measure how far they marched and it would be a lot more realistic to the kids and a lot more interesting. I watched one about the Eiffel tower and I thought it was cool how it asked a question and then gave an article to read to find the answers. I think that is good for the kids to research and learn on their own. I thought the virtual tour about Mt. Rushmore was really cool too. The kids are assigned to try and draw their own Mt. Rushmore after and I think that would be really fun.

I think an upside to using a virtual tour in a classroom would be that you can experience so much with Google Earth. There are so many possibilities with it where the kids can see new things and learn a lot about geography and the earth. I think it is relatively easy to use and is very up to date with technology.

It is hard to think of a downside to using this program. I think it would be something that would be interesting to experiment with students to see what the reaction is, but the only negative thing I can think of is that they might get bored. But I don't think that would even happen. I am not too sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment